The Yuma Fine Arts Association began in 1950 with 10 local artists. In 1962, the YFAA incorporated nonprofit arts organization. For fifty years the YFAA produced quality art exhibits, workshops, and cultural events first in the Southern Pacific Railroad Depot and after the depot was destroyed by fire, at the Yuma Art Center. Much of the YFAA Permanent Collection was assembled through purchase awards and donations from the annual Southwest Invitational art exhibit that began in 1966. In 2016 the YFAA was orphaned by the City of Yuma and the collection was entrusted to Arizona Western College. Though only a small sampling, this exhibition is representative of the depth and quality of the YFAA collection that now serves as a valuable esthetic resource for the Arizona Western College community.